Development Opportunity / Church Premises
- *** CLOSING DATE SET FOR TUESDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER 2023 @ 12 NOON ***
- Rare opportunity to purchase church premises/place of worship and associated buildings
- Situated to the south of Edinburgh City Centre near surrounding Danderhall, Gilberton and Liberton districts
- Contained within designated Urban Area on site extending to 0.78 acres (0.32 hectares)
- On site buildings comprise church premises, presbytery, garage and fully detached function hall
- Buildings extend to a total GIA of 773.07sqm (8,321sqft)
- May suit residential development, subject to all relevant consent
- Offers invited for the outright purchase
The subjects are situated to the southside of Edinburgh’s city centre, surrounded by the districts of Danderhall, Gilmerton, Liberton and Ferniehill. More specifically, the subjects are situated on Fernieside Gardens which is accessed off Moredun Park Road to the east, with the main access to Moredun Park taken directly off the B701 Ferniehill Road.
The subjects are surrounded by primarily by all private residential dwellings, to include a combination of newer build homes, a terrace of recently developed detached houses and ex public authority housing.
Various traditional local commercial parades are situated only a short walk away in varying directions.
The subjects comprise four buildings contained within a 0.78 acre (0.32 hectare) site; a church premises/place of worship, a presbytery, a garage/store/lock-up located to the front end of the site, and a detached church/function hall to the rear.
The buildings themselves are constructed primarily of brick, with the church hall and garage properties further having an external roughcast/stone-chip render, with the roofs on each building constructed differently to include aluminium, felt and tile clad finishes. Internally, the buildings all benefit from varying open plan and cellular sections, with varying floor, wall and ceiling finishes.
Overall, the site would ideally suit residential development, subject to all relevant planning and statutory consents being obtained.
The subjects are further described within the City of Edinburgh Council’s Local Development Plan as being designated as an Urban Area.
Want to know more? Fill in the form and a member of our team will be in touch soon.
Machrie, Isle of Arran