Historically Significant Boutique Hotel and Wedding Venue within Central Scotland Being Sold As Going Concern
- Licensed hotel with nine en-suite letting rooms with three staff/overflow rooms.
- Recently refurbished and upgraded.
- Large function suite for 100 covers
- Situated in large mature grounds.
- Potential for future development subject to planning
Milton of Campsie is a relatively small village in East Dunbartonshire, located approximately 10 miles north of Glasgow at the junction between the A891 and B757 at the foot of the Campsie Hills. Neighbouring towns include Kirkintilloch and Lennoxtown.
The village contains a typical range of amenities and is a popular commuter village for Glasgow, Stirling and numerous other towns surrounding the Greater Glasgow conurbation in West Central Scotland.
The Kincaid House Hotel originally dates back to 1690 and there is evidence of a house being situated on the site as far back as the 12th century. The site is the home to the original clan Kincaid. The property was reconstructed/ altered around 1812 and was designed by the prominent and notable architect David Hamilton.
Kincaid House Hotel is a grade A listed property which has been extensively restored over the years.
The original property is a two-storey castellated villa with round corner towers and a square belvedere. The main elevation is of brick and sandstone construction under a pitched and slated roof. The rear former stable block now contains the public bar and associated ancillary accommodation. This is also a mixture of stone and brick construction beneath a pitched and slated roof. Situated to the south gable elevation is a timber and glazed conservatory extension, which overlooks the lawns and mature gardens.
Internally, there are nine en-suite letting rooms with a further three staff/ overflow rooms. The main nine rooms have been modernised and upgraded in 2019. Situated within the main house there is a large function room which has capacity for 100. Additionally at ground floor there are two additional dining areas and separate bar.
Within the former stables which is now linked to the main house by way of a single storey passageway there is the stables bar which provides a more informal drinking and eating area.