Portavadie Distillery Site
- •Development site with planning approval and building warrant approval for a distillery, bonded warehouse and visitor centre.
- • Spectacular waterside location on the Cowal Peninsula
- • Panoramic views over Loch Fyne and the Kintyre Peninsula
- • Unique and rarely available investment opportunity
- • Approximately 25.48 acres (10.31 hectares)
- • Available as a whole
Portavadie itself is home to a highly regarded marina and leisure complex which includes a hotel, spa and restaurant. The village of Tighnabruaich 3 miles distant to the east has a doctor’s surgery, local shops and a highly regarded primary school and is a regular destination for the famous Waverley Steamer. The nearby villages of Kames, Tighnabruaich and Millhouse have shops and tearooms. Dunoon approximately 28 miles distant hosts the local hospital, Grammar School, supermarkets and a good selection of independent shops and restaurants.
Portavadie Distillery site is approximately 60 miles west of Glasgow and 105 miles from Edinburgh. Both cities are served by international airports.
DescriptionPortavadie Distillery Site forms part of PDA 2/35 and is within the Area of Panoramic Quality (APQ) for Bute and South Cowal. The property extends to approximately 25.48 acres (10.31 hectares) and slopes reasonably gently to the seashore from east to west. The site is bounded to the west by the seashore and by a steep slope to the south and east.
Historically the site was home to Polphail village, an unused village built in the 1970’s during expansion of the oil industry. Its’ removal has been a significant environmental gain and the cleared site is now offered to the open market. The current planning consents include:
• A distillery building incorporating a distillation hall and malt intake/incoming storage
• Bonded warehouses
• Staff mess and accommodation
• Product development area/workshop
• Biomass boiler/feed
• Refuse and recycling area
• Botanical storage
• Packaging storage and an outgoing stock storage area
• A visitor centre incorporating cafe/bar area with external terrace
• Exhibition space
• Retail shop
• Tasting room
• Public toilets
• Food preparation area and storage
• Visitor and staff parking
• New access road
• External courtyard
• Dedicated service yard and access
• SUDs pond
• Hard and soft landscaping
Want to know more? Fill in the form and a member of our team will be in touch soon.
Machrie, Isle of Arran