Large Store/Warehouse Centrally Located
- Large store/warehouse centrally located within Tayport
- Development opportunity
- Located close to Dundee City Centre and Leuchars
- GIA 4,842 sq ft (450.07 sq m)
- Offers over £100,000
The subjects are located in the town of Tayport, in the northeast of Fife. It lies 11 miles north of St Andrews, approximately 5 miles north of Leuchars and 5 miles southeast of Dundee, both of which benefits from a railway station on the East Coast Main Line.
The subject is situated on the western side of Queen Street, at its junction with King Street, a short walk from the local primary school and library
The Picture House opened around 1911 and was the second cinema acquired by J B Milne in the 1930’s as he built his circuit into what was eventually one of the largest privately owned cinema chains in the UK. The subjects comprise a picture house of traditional stone construction, beneath a combination roof (asbestos and slate). It has a main auditorium and entrance hallway on the ground floor and projector/storerooms on the first floor.
Internally, the property is in a state of some disrepair and the building has been used for storage purposes. The property could benefit from extensive renovation or serve as a development opportunity.