In common with others in the property sector we have had to furlough a large number of our team. However partners and a few key workers remain. We are able to provide a limited range of property services including desk-top and drive-by valuations and urgent inspections of vacant/unoccupied properties where these can be completed in line with current RICS and Government Coronavirus Guidance that confirms restricted services can be provided by prudent social distancing and where it does not involve excessive travel. The safety of our staff, clients and the public is paramount. Our Commercial Agency and Property Management teams continue to offer support and advice, and our Property Services departments are able to provide Property Enquiry Certificates, Legal Searches, Title Plans, EPCs where possible to support existing transactions in line with the present guidance to the property market. Restricted Building Surveying and Architectural Services are also available.
We are striving to retain some capacity in the business to support the property market and other businesses but our paramount aim is to protect health and wellbeing therefore government guidance will be adhered to at all times. Independent confirmation from Solicitors, Health and Safety Consultants and NHS practitioners that all our working practices comply with up-to-date guidance has been obtained.
The Partners have secure access to all systems/files from home and are able to provide a limited range of valuation and consultancy services* across all sectors in the local area. This includes the following:-
- Drive by and desktop valuations for residential and commercial properties, supported by extensive local knowledge.
- Property inspections on vacant, uninhabited residential and unoccupied commercial properties if there is a valid reason.
- Desk top valuations and strictly controlled agency viewings for vacant, unoccupied commercial properties again if there is a valid reason.
- Site surveys for title plans, boundary disputes, etc. if social distancing can be practiced safely and distances travelled are appropriate.
- Development appraisals.
- Energy Performance Certificates – for vacant, uninhabited residential & unoccupied commercial properties if appropriate.
- Property Enquiry Certificates, legal searches, AML searches and deed plans.
- Property Management Services
*All of our surveyors will undertake the above only within RICS guidance and in line with all current UK Government guidelines. Due consideration will be given on a case by case basis.
Our Management Team meet daily via video conference and review all up-to-date guidance to ensure that we are not contravening Government, regulatory, or medical advice. Our clients are as keen as ever to speak to experts during these uncertain times and we are available to listen and offer an opinion. Please be assured that we are ready to help – now, and in the future.
In the meantime, we thank all of the NHS for their valiant efforts to keep us all safe and other key workers for providing all of the services that are sometimes taken for granted. Everybody keep well and safe during these difficult times, be compassionate not selfish, look out for your friends, neighbours and the infirm. Everyone at DM Hall sends you our strongest support and best wishes.
In the meantime, we are sending you our strongest support and best wishes.